Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Modern Bird Nest

I've been completely sucked into SuperUse. I just had to share this picture that someone posted. I didn't see an original link or any additional information. This is straight from the site:

Click to enlarge:


"This bird is mixing traditional building materials with high-tech water resistant insulators to make it's nest! City birds are adapting to their circumstances faster than human beings. Practically the whole 'water-snip' community has adapted to this new building method...creating region specific architecture from the discarded materials in the surroundings of their building site..."

I have to agree with one of the commenters--I'm not sure if this makes me happy or sad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a great serious on PBS (although I have not seen it on locally) you can read about it at the link below:

http://www.e2-series.com/

If you go to webcasts Season 3 has an entire episode you can view for free on Super Use

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...