Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Consistency is Key for Kimberly Butler

Powerlifting consists of three different lifts: the squat, bench press and deadlift. Men tend to power lift more than women. Kimberly Butler, Customer Service Dispatch Department, started focusing on weight loss before getting into powerlifting. “I wanted to try something different once I hit my goal weight, but I still wanted to keep my attention in fitness. My roommate introduced me to powerlifting.” 

Her hard work in the gym paid off. On June 12, Kimberly competed in the Drug Tested Maverick Throwdown in Millbrook, Alabama. Kimberly was the winner in the deadlift and bench press for the State of Tennessee. She benched 181 and deadlifted 358.2. 

Kimberly would like to one day have her own studio to help other women and youth get into the sport. “I would love to train other women to walk in my footsteps and put up some of those goals. Also, to inspire our youth, to bring them out of the streets and prevent them from getting in trouble. This sport is a form of therapy.” 

For other women and men that may be interested in powerlifting, Kimberly has a message: “Do not compare your strength with someone else’s strength. Consistency is the key to anything.”

Kimberly Butler, Customer Service Dispatch Department

Kimberly is preparing to compete in the Powerlifting National Competition in May 2022.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...