Friday, November 8, 2019

#SheCanSTEM Kimberly Griswold



MLGW has 2770 employees; 752 (27%) are women. Of the 752 women, 143 (19%) hold STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) positions. On the second Tuesday of every month, we will introduce you to a different woman working in STEM at MLGW.


Kimberly Griswold started working at MLGW in 2018. She is originally from St. Louis, Mossouri, and has lived in Memphis for the past eleven years. She graduated from Alabama A&M University with a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry and has worked in the Environmental Science field for her entire career in both water and wastewater. 

Currently, Kimberly is our Water Quality Assurance Officer. She ensures that the Water Quality Assurance Laboratory personnel are constantly learning.

We asked her a few questions to get to know her better.

Why would you encourage girls to pursue STEM careers?

A day in a STEM career is always different, I never get bored with my work because my day to day duties change based on the project I'm working on.



What advice would you give your younger self?

Always add the units!!

What do you do for fun?
I'm a member of the Memphis Runners Track Club. I am also a member of Friends of the Library and often volunteer at the library. I like to spend my free time reading and running.


Did you miss our other installments of #SheCanSTEM? Meet Arnisa Davis, Kelsey Seiter, Debra Higgins, Kerry Roy, Cynthia Jones, Juanita Ford, Shleah Whitlock, and Sandra Hicks.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...