Monday, April 8, 2013

Plus-1 Push Today!


From Sally Heinz, Executive Director of MIFA:


Dear friends,

Through my work with MIFA, I get to see firsthand how my gifts make a difference in our community. Today is a big day for us, as there will be a live telethon on Channel 3 from 6:30 to 7 p.m. to support the MIFA/MLGW Plus-1 Utility Assistance Program. We'll be taking calls all day, beginning at 5 a.m.--call (901) 528-4477 to give. 


Along with 11,000 other MLGW customers, I've added $1 or more to my monthly utility bill to support our working neighbors in need. Plus-1 helps families in financial crisis due to a loss of income--many have suffered a recent medical crisis or  have had their hours or wages cut and can no longer make ends meet. We make a small payment toward an overdue bill and negotiate a payment plan with MLGW on the customer's behalf to keep the utilities on.

I’m asking you to join me by signing up to add one, two, five, ten or more dollars to your monthly MLGW bill through Plus-1.

To sign up or make a one-time gift go to http://www.wreg.com/plus1

Thanks for your support, and please pass this message on!

Sincerely,
Sally Jones Heinz
Executive Director

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...