Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Flying High

Bill Johnson of Florence, Ore., sent an e-mail to his local utility one morning when he noticed an osprey nest on top of a utility transformer. The utility, Central Lincoln People’s Utility District, sent a crew out that afternoon to relocate the nest to the top of a much safer light pole. The customer, the bird and, apparently, the heavens all seemed pleased with the result. Photo by Bill Johnson, sent to Public Power Magazine by Gary Cockrum, communications manager for Central Lincoln People’s Utility District.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love reading the MLGW blog!
I wanted to comment today and say what a nice experience I had with MLGW yesterday...

We got a note a while ago that some trees were going to be trimmed soon, but we didn't really know when. Well, they showed up yesterday morning and I was all prepared to be upset. The were in the backyard without letting me know they were there and almost scared me to death. Then I got out to go vote and my entire front yard was COVERED in limbs. I mean COVERED!

But, within a few hours the trucks had come around to pick up every single limb and branch- you can't even see many extra leaves they got it done so promptly. They were quick, unobtrusive, and didn't totally decimate the trees (as has been done in the past).

Given my history with MLGW, I was all prepared to be put out, but it couldn't have gone much smoother.

MLGW said...

Glad to hear you had a good experience! Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...