Monday, June 30, 2008

Saving Electricity

A coworker sent me a link to a site she found called Saving Electricity. I checked it out and discovered that it had a lot of useful information on calculating electricity usage and saving electricity.

But then I discovered so much more!

The site is run by "Mr. Electricity," but after a few clicks, I discovered that his name is really Michael Bluejay. Mr. Bluejay has done a very thorough job of documenting his interests and activities on his website.

He describes himself as pretty far outside the societal norm, especially in his avoidance of consumer culture. He uses a bicycle for transportation and doesn't own a car. When he moves, he generally moves entirely by bike.

Moves entirely by bike. Now that's something--even for someone who doesn't own a bed and lives in a 450 sq. foot apartment.

Here's a photo of Mr. Bluejay on a Worksman bike pulling two trailers, including one with a couch!



Pretty impressive huh?

Well I thought so too until I followed another link on his site, to a page titled Lords of the Logistic. I took the liberty of making a slideshow to share with you.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

I can't help but think that by relying on cars we have made our lives a little less interesting.

1 comment:

marycash said...

Hmmm, and here I've been thinking I need to drive my car if I have more than my lunch and a library book with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...