Saturday, June 25, 2022

A fond farewell to Barbara Martin

 

After over 40 years working for MLGW, Credit Operations Supervisor Barbara Martin bid "adieu" to the Division and took a well-earned retirement. Many friends, co-workers and family joined in the celebration held in the Administration building auditorium.

Barbara has a two-part tenure at the Division. She started in 1979 and worked for 19 years. “I resigned after my maternity leave because I didn’t think I could juggle work and a baby,” she said. After a year, Becky Garland, who was the Manager of Energy Services at the time, called and asked Barbara to come back part time and help with the development of the Commercial Resource Center. Then she was pulled in to help with the conversion from Legacy to Banner. In 2001, she was offered a full-time Commercial Resource Analyst position and worked another 21 years.

Barbara said, “I am so grateful because I grew up here. I started right out of high school.”

Enjoy your retirement, Barbara!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...