Thursday, December 10, 2020

Employee Spotlight: David & Maria Armstrong

 

David and Maria Armstrong

This week we have a two-fer: David and Maria Armstrong. Maria started working at MLGW in 2001 and is currently Section Supervisor at the Lamar Community Office. David started at the Division in 2005 and is now a Corporate Investigator. We asked Maria how they met, and yes, it was at work. She says, “David was in Security and I was a Credit Counselor at the time. I did not know until we started dating that he had a crush on me for many years prior. We became friends in 2008, officially starting dating in 2009, and we were married in 2013. The rest is history.”
 
We can’t resist a work place romance. Keep reading to find out more about these lovebirds. 

 
Best part of your job? 
Maria: The opportunity to serve external and internal customers.
David: Apprehending criminals.
 
How COVID-19 has affected your work:
Maria: It has added a new way of doing things, new processes and tweaks/adjustments as necessary as we ensure we maintain excellent customer service. We went from in person contact to phone contact and now utilize email and Drop Box as new ways to receive customer requests and information. Transitions to telecommuting and in office rotations, Zoom meetings/training vs in person, and ensuring COVID guidelines are maintained daily for safety is something that has now become second nature.  I automatically look for masks, social distancing and ensure hand sanitizer is on every desk. I have also had to become more creative to keep my team uplifted, motivated and engaged. COVID-19 has presented a challenge, which I am always ready for! It definitely prepared me for crisis mode and has helped further enhance my skills as a leader. 
David: COVID-19 made it easier to apprehend criminals because they are at home on quarantine!
 
Something your coworkers don't know:
Maria: I love line dancing.
David: I’m very sentimental. I cry easily. I’m a cry baby.
 
What we can find you doing on a Saturday afternoon:
Maria: Cleaning my house, spending time with my family, serving at church, sitting at the nail/hair salon, shopping or resting.
David: Running and walking at the park.

Hidden/secret talents:
Maria: I can cook. Chicken and dressing is one of my specialties.
David: I am an amateur boxer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...