Thursday, January 2, 2020

Why "My Account"

Dawn M. has just completed her first year in the Corporate Communications Department and is here to share what she's learned about controlling her energy costs since starting at MLGW.

We like to encourage MLGW customers to sign up for "My Account" and there are a few reasons why.

1. Simple, secure online bill pay.
2. Paperless billing.
3. Bill analysis.

The bill analysis part of "My Account" is especially helpful if you want to understand your bills and find ways to reduce it.

The first thing you want to do is sign up for "My Account." Visit mlgw.com and click the black, "My Account" button. You'll need one of your paper bills. This :30 video shows you how to sign up.

Log into your MLGW "My Account." Halfway down the page, on the left, you'll see a section marked "Bill Highlights." It gives you the nitty gritty of what you're being billed for each month. Here are my highlights for December 2019:

Yikes! I owe $40+ more this month than last. What gives? Click the "Bill Analysis" link under the highlights section for details.

My Bill Analysis shows my total utility charges increased $43.43; most of that was for electricity. I click the "Electric Details" tab for a deeper dive.

Two things stick out -- 
1. There were five more days in this billing cycle than last month. That accounts for $14 of my bill



2. And I used more than twice the amount of electricity as the month before.




Maggie (left), Stella (right)
An overall increase of $42 in one month is a pretty big jump for me. I live in a one-bedroom apartment. It's me, Maggie and Stella. We shouldn't use that much electricity.


What can I do to lower my bill? I check "My Account" again for ideas. Here's what I found! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...