Thursday, November 29, 2018

Why We Volunteer

MLGW employees are some of the most generous in Memphis -- just ask The United Way, MIFA, The Mid-South Food Bank, Lifeblood, Junior Achievement, The Salvation Army or any of the other organizations that we regularly support with our fundraising efforts and our free time!


We participate in events year round, and here are a few reasons why from some of our most active volunteers: 

"I love interacting with different people. I love being presented with the opportunity of helping people. I enjoy being part of helping to improve someone’s life."

"Participating in community events gives us fresh air (literally and figuratively). It gets us out of our normal day-to-day routines in order to do something fun and helpful." 

"I enjoy giving back to the community because it makes me feel good when I've helped others. It makes me feel joyful knowing that there are others who are willing to give back like me, to those in our community who are less fortunate."

"I think it's very important that we participate because it shows that we care about our customers in the community." 

"It’s a rewarding experience to make a difference in the community and meet people -- letting people know how MLGW can help improve or impact their way of living in a positive way. Being a volunteer can strengthen your ties to the community. It is important for MLGW employees because you are serving a cause greater than one’s self. It gives employees the opportunity to provide hope and balance to others in need."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...