J.D. Power and Associates recently revealed that 74 percent of MLGW customers want smart meters installed in their homes, up from just 49 percent in 2012 – a strong 25 percent increase!
That’s not an anomaly.
On June 3, 2013, an independent survey company polled 400 customers at MLGW Community Offices. Administered by Reneé Enterprises, the survey was designed to determine what kind of additional services MLGW should offer its customers.
The survey results represent a random sampling of households from several zip codes and are representative of both MLGW's customer base and Memphis City Council constituents.
1) Respondents were asked if it would save them money, would they be willing to consider reducing the amount of electricity they used at certain times of the day: 89.75 percent of respondents answered “yes.”
2) Respondents were asked whether they preferred that their MLGW bill be based on actual monthly readings, not an estimation of usage: 91.25 percent of respondents answered “yes.”
3) Respondents were asked whether they preferred to select their bill’s due date: 73.25 percent of respondents answered “yes.”
4) Respondents were asked whether they preferred that MLGW be notified automatically when their power is out so they do not have to report it: 95.5 percent of respondents answered “yes.”
These respondents are much like our Smart Meter Demo participants. Ninety-five percent of Smart Meter Demo participants would recommend smart meters to a friend.
* 86 percent gained a better understanding of home’s electricity use!
* 75% saved money by reducing use!
* 54% were able to teach self/family about electricity use!
The results speak for themselves. Customers want smart meters and their benefits.
such inference should be made.