Wednesday, February 13, 2008

DHS Emergency Assistance for Tornado Victims

Food Stamp Replacement Benefits

• If a Food Stamp program participant lost food due to a power outage (24 hours or more), the current month’s benefits are replaced.

• If a Food Stamp EBT card was lost or damaged, replacement cards are available at the DHS county office, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Low Income Emergency Cash Assistance

One-time cash payments of $250 (1-2 person household), $500 (3-4 persons), or $750 (5 or more) are available to:

• Applicants displaced from their homes.

• Applicants with a household income that does not exceed 125% of the federal poverty guidelines.

Eligibility will be determined at time of application.

For more information, go to the closest DHS Office or call the DHS Family Assistance Service Center (toll-free 1-866-311-4287) Mon - Fri 7:00Am - 5:30 PM.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...